Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Running

I am not a runner. I completely loathe running on a treadmill, running out doors, any type of running, I just dont do it. Things changed when I started working at FFP, everyone I work with runs. Last June they all did the Wasatch Back and I was jealous, because for the first time ever running sounded like fun.

Here is a description of the Wasatch Back:

Think of it as a 178-mile party with 12 best friends. Teams of 12 will rock out to live bands, enjoy the wacky participant costumes, and make life-long friends with teammates and competitors. Teams will party along the backside of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains from Logan (85 miles north of Salt Lake City) to Park City, Utah (15 miles east of Salt Lake City).

I knew that the next time it came around I was going to do it. So here I am thinking that I am going to do a relay from Logan to Park City. I am determined to do whatever it takes! The race is June 19-20, so I have a lot of training to do!

Ogden Marathon

I saw that my cousin Ali was going to run the Ogden Marathon. When I saw that, I had a spark go off and I totally knew that I could do it. So now on top of the Wasatch Back, on May 16th I will be running the Ogden Marathon.

8 comments:

Dan and Lora said...

That's awesome Lindsay, I know you can do it. Good Luck!!

It all began here said...

interesting.....if there is anyone that can get something accomplished it is you!

love you!

Morgan, Rachel, and Jonathan Parrish said...

Way to go for you!!! That will be so much fun! Best of luck. You will do awesome!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

go get em tiger. you will learn to like running as you see yourself get better and better - that's what happened to me. best advise i can give - train good!!

Emily said...

You ROCK! I totally have aspirations of becoming a runner someday......Cute Blog!

Love ya,

Emily (your cousin)

Tara said...

Can I be as determined you please?!? I have been trying to motivate myself to do something like this and well...hasn't happened yet

Matchbox Mom said...

That's awesome Lindsay! You go girl!! haha! I was born in the 80's can you tell?

everything pink! said...

as a non runner who has recently ran 3 marathons, I am tell you - you can do it!!!
www.everythingisipink.blogspot.com

i still don't really love running i just love the medal!